The first international conferences in 2022 were carried out in Spain, the 4th-6th April. Project participants from England, France and Norway was invited to the city of Valencia on the east coast. It was cold and rainy weather in Valencia, but the participants didn’t mind. They were so happy to finally meet each other face to face again. Two years separation because of the COVID-pandemic was over.
The conference was held at the Valencia Catholic University, Saint Vincent Martyr.
The main issues at the conference were:
- The CLAE-teachers sharing experiences about teaching critical thinking
- Guest speaker, Dr. Carlos Martínez had a speech about metacognition and definition/understanding of critical thinking and didactical implications
- Guest speaker Dr. Inmaculada López-Lull had a speech about critical thinking through active learning
- School visits and observations of teaching in classrooms where critical thinking is taught and discussed. The students themself explained how they’ve carried out CLAE project in different subjects; language, social sciences, and Valencian (Valenciano)
- Researchers presented their new books, findings, and their importance as guiding material:
Jiménez, M. Á., Angelini, M. L., & Tasso, C. (2021). Orientaciones metodológicas para el desarrollo del pensamiento crítico. Ediciones
Hans Erik Bugge og Alexandre Dessingué: «Å tenke kritisk sammen», Cappelen Damm Undervisning